IT Infrastructure Architect
IT Infrastructure Architect, with a focus on bridging business needs together with data center usage. Brings a cross functional focus on Network, Security, Virtulization, and UNIX Systems Engineering, bridging the gaps between the disciplines. Strong proponent of automation and orchestration, with a focus on using the same toolsets across disciplines. Advocate for Open Source software use in the enterprise, along with supporting the communities of principle projects.
06/2015 – Present — PLXIS LLC an Indepent Purchasing Cooperative Subsidiary, Miami Florida
06/2015 – Preent — Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Lead on third data center build. Optimized design to support a distributed application with given equipment purchased prior to build project start.
- Designed and led the modernization of first two data centers.
- Ensure availability, reliability, and security of credit card processing platform.
- Provide technical leadership in infrastructure through mentoring, knowledge transfers, and pairing.
- Assist CTO in promoting and reinforcing an open and transparent culture.
03/2011 – 02/2015 — ViaSat Inc. El Camino Real, Carlsbad California 92009 760-476-2200
03/2011 – 02/2015 — Senior Network Engineer
- Focus on data center networking supporting Satellite Service Provider back office and operational support systems.
- Provide support and dissemination of knowledge to other engineers.
- Work with business owners on architecture, implementation and support of their applications, with a focus on network services.
- Provide knowledge transfer and augmentation to other infrastructure groups where own knowledge or experience surpasses that of the functional groups subject matter expertise.
- Encourage the adoption of Infrastructure as Code and Agile Operations methods, procedures, and tools, across functional groups.
- Implement and maintain server infrastructure supporting network operations.
07/2010 – 01/2011 — Consumers Energy One Energy Plaza Drive, Jackson Michigan 49201 517-788-0550
07/2010 – 01/2011 — AMI Network Engineer
- Review and assess vendor equipment pertaining to Smart Grid Enablement.
- Evaluate wireless communications utilizing IEEE 802.15.4 (ZigBee) between AMI meters and Home Area Network equipment.
- Evaluate wireless communications of AMI meters in a mesh, along with transport of data back to head end.
- Evaluate functionality of vendor head end for respective AMI solution.
02/2009 – 07/2010 — Netarx, LLC (Acquired by Logicalis Group in July, 2011)
(Netarx acquired Analysts International VAR business unit in August 2009)
08/2009 – 07/2010 — Network Engineer
- On-demand infrastructure support for customers.
- Production of implementation plans and detailed design documents for customer projects.
- Execution of implementation plans for customer projects.
- Perform assessments on existing customer infrastructure.
- Peer review of customer deliverables from pre-sales as well as post-sales engineers.
03/2005 – 02/2009 — Liquid Web Inc. 4210 S Creyts Rd, Lansing Michigan 48917 800-580-4985
08/2008 – 02/2009 — System Administrator
- Technical support provided to web hosting customers.
03/2005 – 08/2008 — Senior Network Engineer
- Design, implement, and maintain globally accessible web hosting network infrastructure.
- Design and maintain product development around network based services.
- Provide escalation support for suspected network related issues.
- Provide customer support on network based services.
03/2003 – 03/2005 — Lansing State Journal 120 E Lenawee St, Lansing Michigan 48919 517-377-1000
03/2003 – 03/2005 — Information Technology Coordinator
- Project coordination for UNIX server infrastructure and core networking.
- Maintain server infrastructure on various platforms.
- Maintain core network infrastructure for both the LAN and WAN.
- Provide assistance to sister papers in the Michigan Synergy.
- Work with Gannett Corporate IT.
- Provide end user support to a mixed desktop environment.
09/2002 – 09/2006 — Computer Vision Networks (Dissolved)
09/2002 – 09/2006 — Partner and Chief Executive Officer
- Drafted and submitted original Articles of Incorporation.
- Drafted corporate by-laws adopted by shareholders.
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting all shareholder and board meetings.
- Maintained all financial records and corporate budgeting.
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Drafted, reviewed and approved all legal documents.
- Responsible for drafting all work authorizations and statements of work for customer projects.
- Performed warm sales calls in both an account manager and pre-sales engineer role.
- Reviewed and responded to all requests for proposal and quote.
- Maintained all vendor partnerships.
06/2002 – 03/2003 — JAS Networks (Acquired by Iserv in 2006)
06/2002 – 03/2003 — Technical Support Specialist
- Provide technical support to customers both residential and commercial.
- Assist with management of servers, and network infrastructure.
- Assisted in the implementation and maintenance of OSPF and BGP routing architecture.
- Maintain database for trouble tickets both internal and with Ameritech.
06/2001 – 03/2002 — Albion College 611 East Porter, Albion, Michigan 49224 517-629-1000
06/2001 – 03/2002 — Network Assistant
- Provided assistance to the Network and System Administrators with various tasks.
|January 2, 2012 – Current||Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE|
|January 2, 2012 – Current||Red Hat Certified System Administrator, RHCSA|
|March 16, 2009 – March 16, 2012||Cisco Certified Network Associate, CCNA|
|March 31, 2005 – Current||Novell Certified Linux Professional|
|January 29, 2005 – January 29, 2010||Linux Professional Institute Certified Level 1, LPIC-1|
|July 16, 2003 – July 16, 2006||Cisco Certified Network Professional, CCNP|
|July 3, 2003 – July 16, 2006||Cisco Certified Design Professional, CCDP|
|May 20, 2002 – July 16, 2006||Cisco Certified Design Associate, CCDA|
|January 18, 2002 – July 16, 2006||Cisco Certified Network Associate, CCNA|
2000 – 2002 — Calhoun Area Technology Center 475 E Roosevelt Ave, Battle Creek Michigan 49017 269-968-2271
Computer Networking — Cisco Network Academy Alumnus
1998 – 2002 — Albion Senior High School 225 Watson St, Albion Michigan 49224 517-629-9166
General Education — High School Dipoloma